Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally made my decision. I've been using my fathers Breda 12 gauge with A5 action for about 20 years now and I've decided to do more waterfowl hunting this year after a very good duck season this year. My Breda was too old for steel shot so I the full honed out to IC. Now it safely handles the steel but the pattern is sparse at 30yds now ( but I did drop about 15 ducks with it this year) Anyways the point of my post was, after lurking for 2 months through this forum I finally decided on the Nova. So many good and bad things are said about every shotgun that I found it very hard to decide, but in the end the sum total of Nova complaints seemed to boil down to minor issues like "rattle of the forestock" and, "it looks different" and it looks ugly. Compared to some complaints of the shotgun that was originally #1 on my list...the Mossberg 935 which had more than a few reports that were a quantum leap worse than I had imagined....like "barrels falling off!!" and "935 grenade" where the second shell fired before completely entering the breech!!!.
Anyhow I'm now at peace with my decision but have to wait a couple of weeks for my synthetic black Benelli to arrive....it'll look great beside my Breda.
Dave

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can wait 3 months get the novaII that is coming out in april
Yup, I considered this but there were a couple of factors in my decision....
1) this model has been out for a while (7 yrs) and some of the worst complaints seemed to be basically trite.
2) This model was on sale for $499 Cdn whereas the new model probably will be a hundred or so more.
3) Most importantly I've already waited about 2 months making my decision and I'm not a very good waiter....my wait ends here. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.