Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I could take some shells I have and empty the shot, wad and powder out of them. Then add about 60 grains of black powder (by using my measure for my muzzleloader) and then put the wad back in the shell, put some pressure on it, pour the shot charge back in and close the crimp back up, all by hand????

Does this sound like it would work???

·
Registered
520 Posts
Don't think it will with the same wad. Black powder has a lot more volume to it than smokeless powder. I don't think the same wad will seat deep enough to crimp the load.

APEXDUCK

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would start from scratch rather then trying to use components from a dis-assembled factory load. You could use the hull and primer but use a new AA red wad. There was another thread out here that provided a good reference to a black powder load and it explained what type of powder, the powder charge, wad, and other stuff. It even mentioned over the shot cards for these loads and other neat stuff.

Found it ! :D

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtop ... lackpowder

This should help you. Just remember smokeless is a propellent. Black powder is an explosive ! :shock: :shock: Be VERY careful when handling this stuff. It can go BOOM and ruin your whole day ! :cry: :cry: :cry:

APEXDUCK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts