Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand New Kolar max lite skeet (3 months) and the receiver is looking like this. No weird solvents applied to it and it’s always been stored away in it’s case. Just really noticed it today. Anyone seen this before? I’m definitely calling tomorrow. Just wanted to run it by here. Gun is awesome though. Just sucks that it’s looking like this.
Water Automotive tire Road surface Synthetic rubber Grey

Automotive exterior Wood Bicycle part Auto part Personal protective equipment

· Registered
7,100 Posts
I have found that gloves are the single best protectant of wood and metal gun finishes.

Having said that, your gun's finish needs attention by the factory. I now use Clenzoil exclusively as it is benign on all finishes. Good luck!

Reactions: joe kuhn

· Registered
28,014 Posts
Sure looks like a chemical reaction, possibly from your hand

Reactions: Albundy

· Registered
43 Posts
Kind of strange looking. Could it be from holding or placing your hand there? I've seen where some people have some kind of chemical in their sweat that reacts with and quickly rusts blued steel.
That's a diplomatic way of saying "OP you're a toxic individual." :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, call em up and send it in as Vette suggested. "Lifetime warrantee" will come in handy here.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a diplomatic way of saying "OP you're a toxic individual." :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, call em up and send it in as Vette suggested. "Lifetime warrantee" will come in handy here.
Just called CODY at Kolar and he wants me to ship the whole gun with the carrier and 12g barell and they will refinish.
I can also drop it off to them at the Worlds if I do decide to go there.

· Registered
58 Posts
Wow, as mentioned it does look like metal wasn't treated properly prior to plating. I doubt it's anything you did. Sunblock and bug spray is bad, and make sure you don't get any on your gun, but I don't think even either of those should do this to the plating. I'm sure Kolar will return it all looking like new. Kind of a pita though. Good luck

· Registered
58 Posts
Looks like a gun I've handled. The PH in my perspiration is way off somehow and you can watch your gun rust after I touch the metal. I do wear gloves when shooting and cleaning and I avoid touching anyone's gun except by the wood.
I'm sure your efforts are greatly appreciated by others, I know I would be as I've seen that happen...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts