Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Premium Member
186 Posts
Looks like a gun I've handled. The PH in my perspiration is way off somehow and you can watch your gun rust after I touch the metal. I do wear gloves when shooting and cleaning and I avoid touching anyone's gun except by the wood.
Do finishes like Cerakote or Duracoat protect the gun from your sweat? I am genuinely curious here.

· Premium Member
186 Posts
I discovered my toxicity long ago (pre-cerakote) and took the glove precautions so I really can't say how the various coatings would fair... I assume you have the same issues??
Not exactly. I sweat a lot. Like I create puddles underneath me when I sit still for 30 seconds. So, guns tend to rust faster around me due to being exposed to more moisture.

· Registered
1,876 Posts
Yes, the silver receivers are nickel plated. I think they have Ceracoted some on an experimental basis..
One of our members has a blued receiver gun that the bluing wire off of. He returned it to Kolar and it came back looking for all the world like it had Ceracote on it. The owner was told what it was and he can't recall the exact product name. The only thing he's sure if is it was not run-of-the-mill bluing.

· Registered
6,519 Posts
Brand New Kolar max lite skeet (3 months) and the receiver is looking like this. No weird solvents applied to it and it’s always been stored away in it’s case. Just really noticed it today. Anyone seen this before? I’m definitely calling tomorrow. Just wanted to run it by here. Gun is awesome though. Just sucks that it’s looking like this.
Curious, what did Kolar say about this? I assume they are going to refinish for free, plus shipping both ways?

· Registered
2,823 Posts
Yes, the silver receivers are nickel plated. I think they have Ceracoted some on an experimental basis..
One of our members has a blued receiver gun that the bluing wire off of. He returned it to Kolar and it came back looking for all the world like it had Ceracote on it. The owner was told what it was and he can't recall the exact product name. The only thing he's sure if is it was not run-of-the-mill bluing.
What the heck??

· Registered
1,876 Posts
why would you bet they don't?
i wonder how many people that comment on threads like this one---ACTUALLY own a Kolar?
oh by the way---i DO OWN a kolar!
Look, I, too, own a Kolar and I have NEVER had an unpleasant experience with them. I am just guessing that they won’t ship it both ways, though I do think they will pay return shipping.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts