Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the new Fusion is about a pound lighter than the Hunter, comes with adjustable stock, more chokes and changeable Hi-viz front beads..BUT are there any mechanical changes to the gun other than the magazine lock out? In other words, is the Fusion any more reliable than the Hunter?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Aside form the differences you just said there is nothing else. it really is just "cosmetic". The internals are the same. SO is it more reliable, no. Does it have some really nice features, yep.

OH and you get a really cool hard case with it... :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whichever one you go with you are making the right decision going with a browning. Love my Goldhunter. It's a pretty gun, but it is a workhorse. :D

Rembrwn

·
Registered
121 Posts
They are the dirtiest gun on the face of the earth. After 100 rounds it looks like you've shot 5 cases through one, but if your willing to clean it or if you have the kids practice cleaning a gun on it won't mention any names :roll: its a good gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First of all... Browning - goooood...

I had a Gold Fusion for a little while. I got tired of cleaning the semi-auto, and typically hated the feel of the moving action vs. my Lightning Sporting Clays Ed O/U.

As a general rule, hunter versions of most shotguns are made to slightly lower standards than their competition counterparts, because a hunter gun is not expected to go through 400-500 rounds in a typical day, while a competition gun can. This I've been told by many gunsmiths.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts