Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently purchased 2 youth model 20 gauge SA-08s for my son and niece. Great little autoloaders, but I believe the bolt handle and release will be too difficult for them to operate. I checked the bolt handle against the one on my 20 gauge 390 Silver Mallard, and as I suspected, they are interchangeable. I ordered bolt handles from Briley for a 390.

The bolt release also appears to be the same as what is found on the 390 line, but I haven’t had them apart to confirm it. I decided to order bolt releases pads for a 20 gauge 390 from Briley. I probably should have asked this question before doing it, but has anyone put a Briley bolt release on a 20 gauge SA-08?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case anyone is interested, the Briley bolt handle for a 390 does fit in the bolt, but it is difficult to get out the first time. Polishing the bolt handle a little before installing it makes it a little easier to remove for cleaning. I had a friend who’s a gunsmith install the bolt release. He had to grind and polish the Briley shell catch to make it work, but it cycles great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts