Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked one up today at yard sale for ten bucks.
Its the charcoal version.Problem is I got know idea how to use it :oops:
I have a little chief electric.Just need some tips on operation
How much charcoal? heat range?ect.

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
OK.....Rule of thumb! one hour per pound of meat or one hour per 1" thick meat (min!). Chickens about 4 hours is best. Fish fillets only as lonf until no juice comes out when you mash them with a fork. Nothing but Lemon/pepper on fish. Wipe chikens down with olive oil with garlic powder on it. stuff chikens with 1/2 onion and 1/2 apple. Boston Butts at one hour per pound. Best to warm all meat and chickens in microwave for warm centers before putting on the smoker. Bay leaves and wood great for chickens and fish. Go easy on hickory on white meat. Mix equal parts pineapple, orange, papaya juice. Soak meat (not fish) over night in this before putting on smoker. Venison smokes great is you add strips of bacon on top of it. Turkey is outstanding, stuff and olive oil as for chickens. Best Regards, James

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Lex.

WAY!!!!! over smoked a chickin last weekend. :oops:
I got to use 1/4 the hickory I used. Man tasted ceosoat that you scrap out of a wood stove chimney.
Yeh its a smoker I wanted to see some smoke rollin out of that baby!
I'm givin another shot this weekend less wood!!!!!!

One question whats a boston butt?

Thanks for your reply.Like that apple onion stuffing idea sounds like a winner.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Jay, we already knew the not a pretty face part, still trying to figure what you have on Star that made her say yes.....maybe an arranged marriage? :roll:

Try some apple wood for fowl, does real well, remember to soak the wood first to get some slow smoking going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.