Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Friday at the Ohio state sporting clays championship. I started the day off shooting the 20 gauge sporting with my Prostar and 28ga tubes shot ok 41/50. Next was the side by side event. Out came the 28 gauge Bristol shot what I thought was good 44/50. Next we had the 28 gauge sporting event. Figured what the heck I was three birds better with sxs than the o/u. Three stations in I was still clean. Then the rabbit hopped on me dammit down one. Missed a gimme on station 7. Ran the rest out for a three way tie for first in B class. My son also tied me. Shootoff did not go as planned I only hit one of six ended up 3rd. But I was first in sxs in B class. Very happy with this little gun.
Wood Air gun Musical instrument accessory Shotgun Trigger
Product Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
471 Posts
So last Friday at the Ohio state sporting clays championship. I started the day off shooting the 20 gauge sporting with my Prostar and 28ga tubes shot ok 41/50. Next was the side by side event. Out came the 28 gauge Bristol shot what I thought was good 44/50. Next we had the 28 gauge sporting event. Figured what the heck I was three birds better with sxs than the o/u. Three stations in I was still clean. Then the rabbit hopped on me dammit down one. Missed a gimme on station 7. Ran the rest out for a three way tie for first in B class. My son also tied me. Shootoff did not go as planned I only hit one of six ended up 3rd. But I was first in sxs in B class. Very happy with this little gun. View attachment 56586 View attachment 56587
tell us more about the gun and your choice

thinking about 28ga sxs for same purposes - shooting for fun 1-2 side events

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s a Tristar Bristol that I have been tweaking over the last year. Truglo front bead. Forearm was replaced with a hand made beavertail. Barrels heat up to fast in sporting. You cannot hold the forearm. So a buddy made the new one. New recoil pad 1.125” to increase lop. Will put original on come colder weather. I shot the Rio .75 ounce of 9 shot for all but three shots. Used AA sporting for those. Had improved chokes in both barrels. Been a fantastic little gun. Originally plan was to just try it on wild birds Grouse and see how I liked it. Well my other 28 gauge never got out of the case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts