Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a B2000 12 ga.
This gun looks brand new!
I'm not sure if had ever been fired before today.

I got a super good buy on this gun. ( I think )
What are they worth. I'm more into A-5s myself.
But I have to admit, this gun shoots real nice!
I'm thinking of trading it or selling it.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
It's hard to tell any real world value (seems to me) on a used gun when someone can come in saying they sold one for $1000, and another guy couldn't sell one for $200. Different times of the year/sellers/buyers or finding the right guy.

Right or wrong, go to http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/Browse.asp?Cat=980 and put 2000 Browning in the search box to see what current guns are or might bring, do so on the other auction sites as well.

Unless someone deals specifically on a gun, and many in the country rely on that person to buy from, it is difficult to get a known value. Hunting season is on, I would expect a non-target gun to bring some more at this time.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Real world or not, Blue Book says $375 in 98% condition. Same goes for the skeet, trap and Buck Special version. The Magnum is worth $15 more.

·
Registered
510 Posts
My dad has two of them, a 12 and a 20. I think we found the 20 for him about 4 years ago for $350 with a spare barrel. For what it's worth, Corson's normally has B-2000 barrels on their site if you're ever looking for one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,
I looked at gunbroker. But everything I see on there seems to be way too high priced. Kind of like going to the gun shows.
I was just curious as I'm going to sell or trade this one.

·
Registered
482 Posts
What are you looking to get in a trade for the B2000?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure.
Something a little better suited for field use.
This gun is much to nice to take out busting the brush.
Maybe even a rifle.
I would like to see this gun go to someone who would appreciate it and not butcher it up.
I thought about getting a shorter barrel for it and cutting the stock down to fit me better. But I just can't bring myself to do that to a gun this pristine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Don't sell yourself short you can easily get $500 -$600 for a B2000 is 98% or better condition. I sold on of my field model B2000s for $450 and it was in 90% condition and one of my Trap models that was in 98+% condition sold for $899.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Shotguner.

I've had some pm's telling me it is only worth $250-$300
I got a great deal on this gun.
But I just want to make sure it goes to someone who wants to use it.
Not just someone who wants to turn a $
I'm funny that way.
I have a 1970 Thunderbird 429 with 43,000 miles on it in excellent condition. I want to sell it to someone who will enjoy the car, not just part it out. If not, it can sit in my shop for another ten years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts