Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm new to your site, but I hope you can help.
Recently, my grandfather passed and left me one of his many shotguns. I have shot it and it shoots great! I am not interested in selling it but would like to know what the value, model, etc. is. It has sometype of choke on the end of the barrel, that appears to be adjustable.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Welcome to Shotgun World!

If you will post the serial number of your gun(use Xs for the last two numbers)we can date the gun for you. Other things that we will need to know are the condition,the choke,the barrel legnth,writing on the barrel and choke. Also,does the gun have a gold trigger, where is the safety located and does the gun have a rib(ventilated or soild) on the barrel. Describe the engraving and marking in detail.

16 gauge A5s were introduced to the US in 1922 by Browning(Fabrique Nationale) of Belgium. Later,they were made by Miroku for Browning in Japan. The 16 gauge A5 was also made in a light weight version and was called the Sweet Sixteen.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Your also going to want to include the manufacturer info including address. It will help in determining what series ( early,american, ect...).

1947-58 St. Louis M.O. or St. louis Missouri
1959-68 St. Louis Missiouri and Montreal P.Q.
1969-75 Morgan Utah and Montreal P.Q.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts