Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to date this A-5 and its driving me nuts! The serial number is B327XX (X's rep. numbers). Every book I have the serial numbers from 1940 - 1946 have one more digit in them. The is no sign the serial has been tampered with, the barrel is a 30" 2 3/4" with special steel shot stamped into it. The barrel also has the identical serial number. The top of the barrel has " Browning Arms Co. St. Louis MO stamped into it. The left side of the reciever has Browning with some engraving with trade mark stamped also. If you guys can help me identify this shotgun I would really appricate it. Thanks, Steve [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Per the Browning website, the "B" was the code for 12 ga, "A" for 16 ga, and "C" for 20 ga. for the years 1940 - 1946. These were actually made by Remington who adapted the M-11 to mostly A-5 standards. The stocks of these Brownings are actually M-11 shape rather than the Browning, at least in my two guns. I've been told other parts are can be either but fortunately I've not had to find that out yet. Oops, I realized I'm not logged in, uglydog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.