Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I noticed there's a lot of knowledge to be shared here, so here goes. I have two Browning shotguns one is a 16 gauge, which I was able to date from browning's website. The serial number on it was 88549 and there was an H printed below that, so I figure it is a full weight one from 1956 (please correct me if I'm wrong). My other gun is a 20, and I'm having more trouble with it. It is a FN A5 and the Serial # is 95546, but above that number is 5Z, and I haven't been able to figure out what that is. If anyone knows or can help me out, I'd really appreciate it, so reply or email me at [email protected] . Thanks,

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe that the date on the 16 gauge might not be a 1956,but i am not sure,the browning site is very confusing,and the numbers are mainly for 12 gauges,i think yours might be a lot older,but i am new at this also if you find out for sure let me know.you can call browning and they can tell you.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
you are correct, it's a 1935. a more accurate site for dating Brownings is the serialization page put out by the Bluebook, it's not infallible but more easily deciphered and has more info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.