Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a Browning Citori Trap edition for a wedding gift. I started shooting Skeet with it and have done OK.
I did not shoot at last year and probably will not this year. New baby, and need to tighten the belt a little, if you know what i mean.
I just found this site this morning and find it very informative and also wanting me to shoot some more. A post mentioned that many do get by with shooting one type of gun for all types of target shooting but believes your gun should be more suited for what type of targets you are shooting that day.
Can any one help me with where i should start looking for a second barrel for my gun, or am i just better off saving and looking for a skeet gun? (he who has the most toys wins.)
I am sure i will shoot trap in the future, and know that this sport i will have to look forward to enjoying the rest of my life. That is why i can tell myself it is OK to miss a few years and save some money, oh, i mean spend time with the family, and not have to worry that i am missing "My Window".

Thank you in advance and i look forward to spending more time on this site and learning from all of you, Merry Christmas.

HWood

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Start looking for a dedicated skeet gun. Buying an having a new set of barrels fitted, an they will have to be fitted, to your gun will cost more than a new gun.

If you really wanted to shoot skeet with the trap gun, it can probably be done. Just wouldn't be the best choice.

You can hunt, shoot sporting an skeet with a field gun. I wouldn't want to try it with a trap gun.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Oh, I forgot.

Welcome to Shotgunworld. :lol: Stick around, its a nice site. The best on the web.

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
What Eyemissum said! I know a fello who shoots everything he shoots with a gun like yours. He doesn't do all that well in any of it, but..... Some days it isn't too bad either.

BP

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
How long are the barrels on the trap gun? I assume it has a high comb and screw in chokes? And 2 barrels?

One thing you might consder is fitting the stock of your gun with a Graco adjustable comb (about $150) and buying a couple of skeet chokes. That ought to cover you well enough for skeet and sporting clays.

If you are going to be a dedicated skeet shooter, then maybe later a gun for it.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
As noted, getting another set of barrels fitted can be an expensive proposition. That said, one of the sponsors of this site, Midwest Gun Works (MGW), does list some spare barrels and I believe they have the talent to fit them to your receiver. See: http://www.midwestgunworks.com/merchant ... ode=C-15-4
You might check with them to see what expense you might be looking at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts