Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to learn about and start looking for an early prewar case for my prewar superposed. I came across this advertisement someplace and wondered if anyone had any thoughts and ideas on them. Are they available frequently? Were there variations? How much should I expect to pay for one? What is the reccomended care for them?
Motor vehicle Font Parallel Paper Paper product

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Woodcock 1 , Could you share some information about your prewar‘s configuration ( maybe some photos ?) as far as a case, have you thought about reconfiguring your prewar Auto V case ?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woodcock 1 , Could you share some information about your prewar‘s configuration ( maybe some photos ?) as far as a case, have you thought about reconfiguring your prewar Auto V case ?
My prewar is in the 63xx range. It is a 12 ga lightning configuration with a solid rib. The gun has 26 inch IC/Mod barrels. The best feature is that it is a twin single gun! It has a feel that far surpasses later guns and I love to take it in the field. At some point someone added a recoil pad, but I can live with it.

I don't have an A5 case anymore, I have sold all my A5 at this point. I absolutely love them, but I just didn't feel like I could shoot them well.

I will see If I can get some pictures of the Pre-war posted this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I’m not so sure about that price , they don’t come up very often . If he’s got it and you want it …….
If I hadn’t let a nice prewar Pigeon get away last year , I would give that 28” case some serious consideration

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the leads on the case as well. Honestly I am not surprised with the asking price. A Tolex case brings nearly as much. Any ideas on when they started using the tolex case?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts