Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I went to the Browning website to forward some information to a friend on the Browning Citori "Hunter" model. I couldn't find it. Is this gun discontinued?

Thanks,

DG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own a Hunter 12 ga. O/U and it is the sweetest shooting shotgun I've ever shot. I was lucky enough to receive it from my uncle's estate after he passed away. It was manufactured in 1986, but I'm not sure when the line was discontinued

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a Browning Citori Sporting Hunter a few years back. I had a hard time finding one because they stopped producing it. The one I found had a very short barrel and the middle bead was off. Nonetheless I bought it. For those of us who are tall and skinny with long necks, there's no better fitting gun out there. The extra high rib is great. I pulled out the middle bead and i'm living with the short barrel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a Hunter in 1997 and the guy at the shop said that it was "last years" model and it was the last of the breed. So if my info is correct 1996 was the last year of production.

BTW I fell in love with the gun when I borrowed my college roomates to shoot some trap. I was hitting in the 18 -20's and he was not doing much better with his Kreighauf. I had to buy diner and my own Hunter. He had his ported by the way.

JP

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
There's a difference in the buttstock as well. I dislike the rounded knob look from the Lightning.

I have a CH. Love it. Too bad I had to retire it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.