1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jfeenin
(4/25/03 9:56:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Browning Citori Skeet SN Breakdown
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I have a Browning Citori Skeet model from 1989. I was interested in getting a breakdown to make sure the date/type information I had for the firearm is correst and I found this site…
www.browning.com/services/dategun/guns/citori.htm

And indeed it does verify that the Citori I have was indeed made in 1989. The last section of the SN is PN1B3. The first two digits are YOM, P=8, N=9. The 1B3 doesn't match anything in their list though and I was wondering if someone out there has a book or something with specifically what the 1B3 is. I am certain it is some grade of skeet version however because ALL the ?B3 versions are some for of skeet just as all ?53 versions are 12ga 3" Hunting. The closest they have listed to mine is JB3 which is indeed 12ga Skeet. They also list:

TB3=12 ga. 2 3/4" Gr.1 Special Skeet
UB3=12 ga. 2 3/4" Gr.3 Special Skeet
VB3=12 ga. 2 3/4" Golden Clays Special Skeet

But not mine… and YES I am 100% certain it is 1B3, I even took out the gun to double check my SN list to be sure. I would appreciate any information someone could give me on this.

------------------
Joe Feenin
Visit us at www.AllAboutGuns.com

MarlandS
Master Archivist
(4/26/03 5:16:12 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Browning Citori Skeet SN Breakdown
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe, the Citori's serialization charts are incomplete as you have found out. There are many variations not on any published list that I'm aware of. Here's where you can help me, call Browning's Historian and let me know what he tells you.

Customer Service
One Browning Place
Morgan, UT 84050
800-333-3288
801-876-2711

Stupid question, does it happen to have 3" chambers? that seems how they designate a magnum with a "1" in the serial...

jfeenin
(4/26/03 11:17:57 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Browning Citori Skeet SN Breakdown
Actually No it is 2 3/4" actually all of what the barrel says on that side is 'Special Steel 2 3/4" 28"' I will try to remember to call Monday and ask. My suspicion is that is it a Simple Grade 1 Skeet. I extrapolate that becase a 153 is a 12ga 3" Grade 1 Hunting and a 163 is a 20ga 3" Grade 1 Hunting. The 53 is on all hunting versions that are 12ga 3" and the 63 all 20ga and 83 all 20ga. Same with B3 for Skeet and 93 for Trap. The first letter seems to denote the type within that class or grade. All the 1's are Grade one for the basic type while T is special Grade 1 Special, U is Grade 3 Special, 2 is Gran Lightning, and V is Golden Special. 1 seems to be simple basic Grade 1. That is what I get by reading between the lines anyway, I'll have to call during business hours to be sure though.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.