Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a browning citori. Serial number is 30493PT. On the barrel the words "special steel 12GA-2 3/4" - 28" "are engraved. From the info on the browning site, the gun is dated 1986. However I don"t know what cirtori type the gun is. Could anybody shed some light on this?

·
Registered
285 Posts
There is something very inconsistant with this serial number and the Browning web site.

For your Citori to be made in 1986, the serial number should be configured as follows:

xxxxxPTyy---the x's are the gun serial number, the PT is the alpha code for year of mfg and the yy's are the codes for the different TYPES of Citoris--which is your question.

Recheck the serial number, there should be something (may be simply 2 letters or 3 or more letters and numbers) after the PT.

In my experience, Citoris are usually fairly easy to identify.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

I know it's strange, but that's all there is. There is nothing else after the PT. Are there any other markings I could look for to help me identify it? At the place where I bought I was told it was a 325, but there's nothing on the gun to suggest that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you are sure of the serial number and the fact the seller told you it was a "325", therein may be the answer.

Note on Brownings web site there is only the "425" listed as a Citori--k13=425 12 ga and k33=425 20 ga.

I seem to recall a Browning 325 but no specifics. It could be that this gun (325) was produced for the Eurpoean market and thus the serial number would not be listed on the Browning site-those numbers are for USA market guns only. The origional purchaser (in Europe) may have brought it into the US.

The fact that later Browning produced a 425 may indicate that the 325 was so well received in Eurpoe (if that was the case) that Browning decided to make "American" changes to it and called it a 425.

You may want to call Browning Customer Service for some help on this. They have an 800 number on the web site.

Or, someone else may have better knowledge about the 325/425 than I do--which would not take much. Good luck. JB

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Brownings dating site absolutely stinks as far as model determination, the Historian can tell you the details on the gun as far as model, year (I'm pretty sure it's 1986) and other details.

the 325 was introduced in 1993 , it has a European design . 10 mm rib , Scnabel forend, 3 interchangable adjustable trigger shoes, so it's pretty safe to say it's not a 325..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts