Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a CX white in 32”. Was looking for a dual purpose sporting / trap gun. This seems to fit the bill. Anyone have any experience with this model? Previously owned a couple beretta over unders in the past.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
If I needed a good do it all Clay's O/U but didn't have Perazzi- Krieghoff money the Browning CX would be what I would get. Actually I got the CXT as a do all since my preference for Trap but close enough. I also owned a number of Beretta O/U's.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think the CX is one of the best bangs for the buck guns out there. Love mine! Solid gun, fits me well and shoots well! Honestly, it is my backup gun now, as I have dedicated trap, skeet and sporting guns. But it still gets shot in the rotation. And travels with me everywhere as a do it all backup gun. If I had but one gun, and price was a factor, the CX would be the one gun I would own.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We see a lot of them on the youth team. They are dependable and priced right. My son has over 30,000 rounds through his and only have had to replace springs and firing pins. Go to the JP springs web site and order the spring and firing pin kit now. Easy swap when you need them.

·
Registered
Too many
250 Posts
I like the cx. Medium rib with about 60/40 poi, works for trap and not to high for skeet or sporting clays. Don’t discount it as a field gun either.
The CX is a flat rib 50/50, CXS mid rib 60/40, CXT high rib 70/30. The CXS is supposed to be the all around clays gun but from my research before I bought it and a lot of discussion over on TS the mid rib was suggested for SC simply because most targets are rising.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The CX is a flat rib 50/50, CXS mid rib 60/40, CXT high rib 70/30. The CXS is supposed to be the all around clays gun but from my research before I bought it and a lot of discussion over on TS the mid rib was suggested for SC simply because most targets are rising.
Think you may have that backwards ?
CXS is the flat rib at 50/50, CX is mid rib.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts