Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found prices on steel receivers but nothing on aluminum. It's got a vent rib barrel which when measured is ~24" from muzzle to end of chamber modified choke.

It has "Twentyweight" written on a script font on the left of the receiver, checkered stock.. and 'gold' inlay 'fancy stuff' on the receiver.

S/N **8425. I checked the Browning 'Date Your Double Automatic' page and the SN's they list are longer than mine (unless I missed part of it).

Just trying to get a rough price...it's in excellent condition, but I haven't fired it yet. Was father in-law's, possible last use in 1962 (found his vest with a 1962 deer hunting tag still attached)

He passed away a number of years ago (before I met my wife) so no further information about when it was purchased..etc..

Thanks for any help on this.[/url]

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
TWENTYWEIGHT DOUBLE AUTO
- similar to Twelvette, but ¾ pound lighter, jet black finish with engraving accented with gold foil, 26½ in. barrel only. Mfg. 1952-71.

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$650 $525 $450 $400 $350 $300 $260
w/vent. rib $825 $725 $625 $575 $525 $475 $395

My chart shows 4 or 5 digits depending on age. Starting 1960 they had a letter and number code for the age. When you x out the first two numbers you make it impossible to find the age , x the last two and we can do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I found the serial number info so I should be able to check the age for certain.

It's funny, whan I checked the barrel via tape measure, it's only 24" or so from the muzzle to the rear of chamber.. it's got the rib and from what I can tell it's original as it matches what the users manual describes in the way of text (got that too ;-).

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 1959, going to shoot it this weekend (just a few shells, functional test) and not sure what's going to happen after that.. it's in excellent shape.. I'd say nearly mint.. so I don't want to much it up ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.