Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have or shot a Browning Double Automatic 12 Gauge shotgun?I have a Twelvette which is the lightweight version and I love it.It is so easy to load and shoot.My Trap scores have went from 16 to 23.This is the best gun I have ever had.And the great thing about it is it only cost me $600 and it looks new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have one and i love it, I shot 3 cases on the skeet range last weekend, and by the end of the day i felt as if i had not yet went thru a box, Does yours still have all of the gold accents, or have they worn away?

G

·
yotecaller said:
Anyone here have or shot a Browning Double Automatic 12 Gauge shotgun?I have a Twelvette which is the lightweight version and I love it.It is so easy to load and shoot.My Trap scores have went from 16 to 23.This is the best gun I have ever had.And the great thing about it is it only cost me $600 and it looks new.
:roll:
I have also this gun, received it from a heritage. Don't know how to load this. Can someone explain it to me ?
[email protected]

G

·
I own a twelvette but the gold riges have not worn away does anyone know if you can shoot heavyshot out of it i have used it only for pheasents previolsly

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I bought one for $200, never saw one until I bought that particular one. It had a dark green receiver and no v/r on the barrel. Nice gun. Made in Belgium. Noticed it kicked good too. 8) Congrats !

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Guest, Your Belgium made Browning is not made for Hevishot or steel. See the Browning website.

Artz, The Double-Auto came in several colors and your green receiver was one of the rarer ones. Yours was called "Forest Green". Other colors were "Autumn Brown,Velvet Grey,Dragon Black". The brown,grey and green had silver engravind while the black had gold rubbed engraving. Other rare colors include pink,light brown,ruby and maroon. The most common colors being black and silver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Dad bought one in about 1958. It is my favorite upland bird shotgun. It is light weight, and very very fast to bring to shoulder. I shoot left handed and had severe shoulder repair surgery on my left shoulder . About a year to the day of the surgery I was afield with the twelvette pheasant hunting. I don't find the kick bothersome at all. The gun seems to come up right in line where I want it top be with little or no adjustment. Just snap up and fire.

Over the years with every hunting group where I have used the twelvette some one has offered to buy it off me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.