Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I bought one as my first shotgun a few months back. I have just under 1k rounds through it (although I am going to the range w/ a friend today, so we will probably bump it over the 1k mark) and it has been a great gun. Very soft shooting, and it digests pretty much everything well. I did do a break-in with heavy field loads, 200 shells worth, but since then I have not had problems with any kinds of loads.

The Gold rebate should still be going on, and the gun is very easy to break down and clean, even for the less mechanically inclined like me.

It's definitely a solid choice for an autoloader, and the $100 rebate only makes it sweeter!

Cameron

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zeede! I'm making a 60-mile drive to Gander Mountain today, so I hope to get to shoulder one. Can't seem to tell from the Browning wed site if there is anything other than a cosmetic difference between the Evolve and the Gold Hunter. Maybe I'll get to look at all of them today. Good luck at the range.

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
The Evolve is a very good model. They are well made, reliable, easy to clean, and light in weight. They do have a different look and some parts like their receiver, stock, forearm, and rib design. The have the Fusions lighter barrel and alloy magazine and recoil tubes. They only come in a W/B finish. They have the speed load, magazine cutoff, and stock shim features. The Gold hunters have been replaced with the SL's.

They are a good choice for upland and clay use

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Worc. I did a 120 mile round trip to Gander Mountain Saturday and they didn't have an Evolve. I did see a beautiful little 20 gauge autoloader in the rack which may have been a Benelli. The price tag was $1879, so I didn't turn it over to find out what it was, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.