Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am looking for some information on the gold 10 gauge.I'am trying to find out any good or bad on the big 10.I'am thinking of buying one.I know it is not the same gun as the 12 gauge gold.If anybody can share any information on the big ten,I will appreciate it.Thanks.

·
Registered
13,108 Posts
Welcome to SGW. There are now two of these models owned in my group of hunting/shooting buddies. They are quite a bit different than the 12 and 20 Golds. They look more like a SX2 than a Gold. They seem to be built pretty well. They are heavy and long. A 26" barrel 10 is as long as my 28" Gold 3 1/2". They do balance the weight pretty good. Quick handling they are not but, swing very nice. They do throw some nice patterns and recoil is very mild.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.I'am considering getting one next week.I shot a bps 10 gauge several times.I loved the way it shot,I just need a little more reduction in recoil.I have been told it is based upon a winchester 1400.I have heard some bad things about the 1400.I dont know anybody who owns the gold 10.I would think Browning has worked out all the bugsThanks again.

·
Registered
13,108 Posts
So far both have been reliable. They have worked well in the cold but, they use good oil with CLP on one and FP-10 on the other. Niether has a lot of rounds thru them yet. I don't see any reason why they won't continue to do so but, time will tell.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
i cant give u no advice on the browning gold 10 gauge cuz thats the most hated gun in my mind not cuz of its reliability or anything like that only cuz it brings back bad memories of my last turkey hunt where i was forced to carry that heavy *** gun all day :x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.