Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use an 870 for deer and upland hunting but want to move to a semi-auto. I love the look and feel of the Browning but am wondering if you can interchange a cantilevered rifled barrel and smooth bore barrel on the gun. Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response.

Now...what are opinions on the Browning? Between Browning Gold, Benelli Super Eagle, Beretta 391, Remington 11-87, Winchester X2...what would be the gun of choice? I have shot the Benelli but none of the others. Overall I like the feel of the Browning best, but does it perform as good or better than the guns I listed. Again, please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,110 Posts
I would be happy shooting the SBE, Gold, AL391, or SX2. Infact there is a least one model of each that is owned by myself and buddies. They are all good guns that are well made and have been very reliable for us. There are three different Golds in this group. None of them have had any types of failures to date. They cycle everything that has been put into their chambers.

They have a lot of features and are pretty easy to clean. Even the recoil spring and assembly in the stock are fairly easy to clean. The Golds work well for this group but, are not the right gun for everyone. If it feels good to you then it is more than likely a good choice for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.