Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
The sporting model I had came with shims, not sure if any others do. i wish I had swiped them out of the box prior to selling it... My new gold hunter came sans shims...

·
Registered
13,110 Posts
The Fusion and Clay models for sure. In my group of buddies there is a Gold Hunter that is eight to nine years old and a Classic Hunter about four to five years old. Neither one of them came with shims. My first 3 1/2" MOSG model from five or six years ago did not have them but my new 3 1/2 MOSG with Dura-Touch did have a set with six shims. They are unlike my Franchi shims that are for both cast and drop. The Golds are seperate for drop and cast. There are three for drop and three for cast. The Elvolve also comes with shims and is in the Gold family but, they do not intrerchange with the other Gold models.
You should be able to get them thru Browning if you want a set. I also thought I saw them somewhere else like Midwest Gun Works but, they don't list them on their sight.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worc and all thanks for the replies
Before I sell mine, I'll try some shims!
How much correction will the shims make for elevation if you put them all in? If POI is 6" high at 20 yards, how much lower with all three shims?
What color(s) and/or type(s) of material do they come in?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
TheBest,

The "nub" (whatever) of the stock that retains the shim is so short that stacking them may offer a challenge in keeping them and the stock in place in vigorous use . You might consider double-faced tape or some non-permanent glue .

Let us know of your results , I was considering stacking some of the "cast" shims but haven't yet .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.