Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sporting Clays model has a 2 3/4 " chamber, ported barrell and comes with 3 choke tubes.

The Gold Fusion has a 3" chamber, non ported barrell and comes with 5 choke tubes. Not a deciding factor but Gander Mountain has them for $749 (seemslike a good price).

I'm thinking of the Gold Fusion, primarily for Sporting Clays. Any other major differences I should consider or reasons to consider the Sporting Clays model? Any idea if these guns shoot much differently, aside from the ported barrell, like POA/POI?

Any other semi-auto's you might recommend in the same price range?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stay away from the Fusion unless you are going to primarily use it for hunting.It is much lighter than the Gold,and most clay shooters prefer that, specifically the weight forward bias the Golds have with the 30" barrels.Also the Golds come with 2 gas pistons for light or heavy loads I don't think the Fusions do.
I shoot the Golds and have for the past 3 years averaging at least 2 to 3 hundred targets a week.......I've also have spent big bucks to have a custom stock made.I would if I were you buy a 391 Beretta and if you can afford it a Technys.The Brownings just don't hold up as well over the long haul,the quality is not even close.Just pull out the triggers compare the wood etc.,etc.I shoot the Golds because for some reason I just shoot them better..........but if every thing was equal I would buy a Beretta.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a browning gold fusion that I bought about 8 months ago and i have probably put around 3000 rounds through it shooting skeet. I have to tell you I love this gun, no jams, lightweight, 5 choke tubes, hard case, extra hi-viz sights, and just a good overall feel. But again this is just my opinion. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tr3ndsettr said:
I have a browning gold fusion that I bought about 8 months ago and i have probably put around 3000 rounds through it shooting skeet. I have to tell you I love this gun, no jams, lightweight, 5 choke tubes, hard case, extra hi-viz sights, and just a good overall feel. But again this is just my opinion. Good luck.
I agree, bought one of these for my son for Christmas last year, GREAT gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts