Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright folks, as you all know, Christmas is right around the corner. I might have a sporting chance at getting a new shotgun for Christmas. The question is; "Which one should I ask for?" I have been closely evaluating both the Browning Gold Superlite and the Benelli Ultralight for quite some time now. However, I haven't gotten the chance to shoot either. Both shotguns have some unique features. My question to you is which one would you rather have and why? Any suggestions that you can offer are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't think I have heard one bad thing about the Ultralight since it has come out. I have handled one and was pleased with how it felt. On the flipside, browning's and berettas have always fit me better than benellis. I would probably say my vote would go with the browning. The only thing I can see where the browning falls short is cleaning. You will have to clean it more than the inertia driven benelli.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I agree with corrections on this one the ultralight shoots like a dream and for the lightweight that it is the recoil isnt too bad at all. I really like the gun and shot in for grouse one day and actually got my first and only double on them.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Gold hands down. A pound heavier and gas operated is way more pleasant to shoot, but still light enough to carry. More than likely a lot cheaper. I'm a bigger guy and the Brownings simply fit me the best. I've shot both and that is the way I'd roll...

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Both are very good models that are well made and reliable.

The UL is Inertia operated and the SL is Gas operated. They both can go long periods between cleanings with the UL having the edge. The SL is easy to clean but, the UL is easier yet. The UL is just under a 3/4 pound lighter than the SL with 26" barrels. They both have a more stock heavy balance point with the UL having a little more. The UL is thinner than the SL. The UL has a mid height rib and the SL has a lower rib. The UL has an auomatic magazine cutoff and the SL has a manual one (depending on model). The SL has the speed load feature. They both have shims to adjust the stock and triangle safety buttons at the back of the trigger gaurds. The SL has a top locking lug and the UL has a rotary bolt face. This makes the UL longer in overall length than the SL with the same barrel lengths. The SL holds five rounds total to three for the UL. The SL can take an extension and the SL can not. The SL has a larger bore which tends to pattern hard non toxic loads better. The SL is quite a bit less expensive, especialy with teh $100.00 rebate.

Hold each with different barrel lengths and pichk the one you like the best for Santa to drop off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts