Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a Browning Gold 12 ga. 3.5 inch. 26 inch barrel in the Mosy Oak Breakup (Dura-touch Armor Coating) finish. I plan on using the gun primarily for turkey and waterfowl hunting. Can anyone give me some input on this gun in comparison to Beretta's A391?

I owned a Beretta A303 and loved it, but I am not sure I like the new rubber anti-slip finish on the Beretta's A391 synthetic forearm and stock. Seems like it could be a wear/tear issue. Any comments?

Also own a Benelli M1. Having problems with the camo finish. Scratches easily, just from rubbing against small tree limbs etc. I hunt hard, but maintain my equipment and never had this problem with other camo guns, Remington, etc. Also kicks like a mule with my turkey choke on it (KICKS Gobblin Thunder).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have both a Browning Gold and a Beretta 391 and like the latter much better. It is not as muzzle heavy and the Optima system , IMHO, throws a nice pattern.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're using this for Turkey and waterfowl, i would go with the Stoeger 2000 for around $400. It takes a beating in the duck blind and keeps on firing. No gas system. I have a Beretta 391 and think it's a great upland gun, but for the rigors of waterfowl hunting i like the Stoeger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts