Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those in the KNOW.

I recently purchased the following:
BROWNING SP LIGHTNING
12 GAUGE O/U
S#XXXX7S8
The pistol grip has a raised round ball on the right side that fits right in the palm of my hand. This makes for a real nice fit and it actually aids in holding the gun straight when mounting.
There is no SP any where on the gun
Single trigger
Lots of engraving
3/4 rib
Great BLUING
BARRELLS approxiamtely 26-28"
Straight forearm. To remove it you must remove the screw in the front of the forearm.
The stock (I have been told is French Walnut) in good shape.
I am told that if I wanted to replace the wood it would cost approximately $1500.00.
The dealer that I purchased it from said that it is refered to as the BROADWAY, Superposed. The barrells have been choked to Skeet/Skeet. Also they say it has been out of production for about 40 years. It is a very tight gun and It fits perfectly.

Can you tell me anything else about this gun along with the approximate value.
Thanks in advance
George

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Give us the first couple of letters on the serial number. That's where we will get model and year of mfg (right marland?)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here they are
91XX7S8 Hopfully that helps
GO

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
1968 Depending on which time period on Brownings it could be the last 2-3 this is one of those S=12 ga 8 =1968

this gun is from the salt years, any signs of pitting or anything where the wood touches the metal?

You're looking at value in the $1500 range but it woul be best to verify configuration first

so contact the Browning historian at 1 800 653 6454 give him the whole serial number and he'll tell you all you need to know about your gun.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info and I will make the contact.
No there is no pitting anywhere on this gun at all. The stock appears to have been re finished but there is nothing wrong with the wood, the person that did the job did not do a very good one. Thnaks again for the information
George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.