Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this gun today, and when closed it's real solid, but when opened, it has some slight side to side play at the hinge...it just feels loose. Can this be repaired? It's a Belgian gun, maybe 30+ yrs old.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
I don't know specifically how to fix that problem or if it is even a problem. But I am sure it can be repaired. Lots of the Browning superposed out there. Several good shops. Arts gun shop does the official service now, I think.
I really like the Lightening superposed. If it locks up solid and the locking lever is centered or to the right I would go for it at a decent price.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
"Floppy but locks up tight" is what a broken in Perazzi trap gun feels like to me. If the gun locks up tight, that's what matters. I do believe that Browning fans seem to like the feel of a tight hinge/fore end iron. I think they view this as a sign of quality. Most high end shotguns I have handled were just the opposite--very low friction when opening and closing the action... like your s'posed. I know a trap shooter with a three year old FN/Winchester that is still waiting for it to loosen up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts