Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to shoot skeet
and I only have 12 gauge and would like the option to shoot other gauges

I saw on Browning's website tubes called little skeeters that changes the gauge of the gun. Are these any good for skeet?
thank you,
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are the a good or resonable substitute for a new barrel if i cannot afford one?

Thanks again

·
Registered
483 Posts
For just messing around the 20 ga ones might be ok but are a pain to get the empties out and very slow to remove them. The 2 smaller ga are total junk. The velocity is a big loss it might look decent on paper bt if it is a few unded fps slower you wont hit it. If you were looking for a good option the briley full length tube set is the way. In serious skeet competition you see no short tubes for a reason, they dont work as well. You also see very few barrel sets either.

Steven

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
I agree with collky2, the tubes are a pain to unload. I have a set of the 12/20 and its ok for using up some 20ga shells, but I think you would drive your shooting squad mates bonkers trying to knock out the empties. If you had 2 or 3 sets you could shoot your turn and then handle the reloading between stations. As they are Aluminum you cant drop them or allow them to be ejected onto a concrete pad. You might look at the gauge mate sets being offered in the SGW ads:

http://www.gaugemate.com/

·
Registered
17,957 Posts
I had a set of .410 tubes for a 20 ga for about a week. They are a joke! I ran mine over my chronograph and on a pattern board. No wonder I couldn't break anything! I got lucky, I sold them to a dog trainer friend of mine. He thinks they are great! To each his own! Save your money. I even got mine at a distressed price from the Cabela/s bargain barn, still too much money!

BP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The gaugemate product is superior and the larger gauges are split on one side, eliminating the sticking problem. I hear they are preparing to launch an innovative new style that stays in the chamber.

·
Registered
654 Posts
You could also look into the Briley Side kicks. I am happy with my 20 and 28's. The jurry is still out on the .410's. Plus you can exchange them for full lenght tubes with briley later. They give you full credit toward the full lenght tubes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.