Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
You would be much further ahead to trade in your present one and buy another gun. Browning does not like to sell just barrels, I asked back in 1989 and the cost quoted then was $2500. Briley of choke tube and barrel insert fame would do it for about $1700 at the time. This for a gun that cost $800 new at the time. I have seen barrels offered since then but these were in the $500 range a couple years ago and not always available. I'd guess these prices being more in the $800+ range today. The barrels would then have to be fitted to the reciever of your gun as well as having the forearm fitted to the latch and reciever. Once that was done, the barrels needed to be blued as they were being sold "in the white." Figure a couple hundred dollars for bluing, a good half day if lucky at $50+ per hour for machining and fitting of the barrels plus firing for convergence/point of aim, and I'm sure other incidental expenses and you would be very fortunate to walk out for less tha the price of a new gun.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
According to Browning:

"We do not offer extra barrels or make extra barrels for the Citori, BT-99 or BT-100 as the cost is prohibitive."

That said, sometimes Midwest GunWorks has some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts