Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know the 425 was made with a reversed top lever but is it needed for a lefty?
I was looking at a Citori CX for my daughter who is left handed. with the browning guns being neutral cast I figured she would be fine with this. what do you left handed shooters think?

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
I'm not left-handed but have shot with many over the years. I've yet to see one who could not learn to the push the lever to the right, with their left hand. One fellow, due to arthritis issues, did have to sort of reach over the top and pull the lever with his left hand. In any case, it's not a big deal for a left hander to use a gun whose opening lever moves to the right to open the gun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm a lefty and have had no problems shooting my Cynergy. Pushing the lever isn't a problem at all, and I don't notice any RH palm swell if that gun even has it. I bought it six years ago and it's by far my favorite shotgun I've ever fired.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Years ago, I owned a wonderful Mirage pigeon gun engraved by Heidimarie Hiptmayer and stocked by her husband Klaus. I shot it for quite a long time before I realized it had a palm swell on the left side. I wish I owned that gun today, shot it very well, righthanded.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a left-hand 20 ga from Mark DeHaan. Love the gun, but find the left-hand lever a distraction. Must be used to the various Browning/Beretta guns with levers I can push instead of pull. Never found a "wrong-handed palm swell to be a problem.
Just realize Browning may say their stocks are neutral, and may leave the factory that way, but I have seen several with notable cast. When I find one with a true neutral cast, they fit me well, but I need to shoulder the specific gun to see how it fits me.

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
As a LH shooter, I prefer to push the RH lever than to pull the LH one. My hands are wide but I don't have overly long fingers so some palm swells are uncomfortable. What your daughter may need is an adjustable comb, and possibly an adjustable butt stock for cast and pitch and toe.

·
Registered
Cynergy - Euro Sporting and CX
806 Posts
The lever does not give me any problems but I do not like the feel of a right hand palm swell. I owned a 625 Sporting that was RH. I really prefer no palm swell at all, like on the Cynergy I now own.

Jim

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
jrmev said:
The lever does not give me any problems but I do not like the feel of a right hand palm swell. I owned a 625 Sporting that was RH. I really prefer no palm swell at all, like on the Cynergy I now own.

Jim
In my experience, the 625 Sporting has the most pronounced palm swell of all the Browning Sporting models. If you're left handed, it's best to avoid this particular model unless you happen to find one that's actually a left handed version. That's what I did, and I love my left handed 625 Golden Clays!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm right handed left eye dominate. I have no problem with shooting right hand gun. But I hate right hand palm swell. I have started buying field stocks and putting adjustable stocks on them. Works well for me. You can keep or sell original stock.

Buster

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm right handed left eye dominate. I have no problem with shooting right hand gun. But I hate right hand palm swell. I have started buying field stocks and putting adjustable stocks on them. Works well for me. You can keep or sell original stock.

Buster

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
buster45 said:
I'm right handed, left eye dominant. I have no problem with shooting right hand guns, but I hate right hand palm swells. I have started buying field stocks and putting adjustable stocks on them. Works well for me. You can keep or sell original stock.

Buster
Fixed SOME of that for you. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.