Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
The price Goes up regarless of outsourcing its all about greed. Browning should take some pride and try not to sqeeze every penny out of the people that supported them in the begining. I'm all for people trying to make a buck but don't do it at the risk of our sovernty. How do you get parts for products in the middle of a war if your enemy is the one you sold out to?

· Registered
14 Posts
[The WTO disagrees:

GENEVA -- China surpassed the United States as the world's second-largest exporter in the middle of last year, according to figures released Thursday by the World Trade Organization, and the Asian country is pulling further and further ahead.

Your right about China being a bigger exporter but guess who is the bigest Customer of China? China has stated that they will first take over America not by force but at America's own will. China is now building up there millitary with our money due to the greedy money hungry businesses in this country. I am so tired of supporting our biggest enemy. As a Machinist I have seen first hand pastic injection mold contracts being outsourced to china and regarless of strict specs they are built terrible but we still buy them because there 1/3 the price. We are loosing the greatest resource this country has, the ability to produce our own products.

· Registered
560 Posts
HebrewHammer said:
musket36 said:
The only problem I saw there was that the Ithaca's were more or less branded as SKB's (i.e. "Custom crafted for Ithaca by SKB") which I think was a mistake.
Oh, so it's ok to do as long as the consumer doesn't know you are doing it? Ithaca should have used smaller print? Or used a paper sticker with bad adhesive on it attached to the bubble wrap?
HH

My point was strictly from a marketing viewpoint.
I bought an Ithaca 500 in the early 70's. It was made by SKB and is a very nice O/U. The problem is that after you bought the gun from Ithaca they more or less divested themselves of it and you then had an SKB.
Very confusing, but from a marketing perspective better for SKB than Ithaca (and that's probably why SKB and Miroku are still around doing the same thing - making money hand over fist).

· Registered
14 Posts
wmfowler said:
If I can land a product on my doorstep for $10 that cost me $24 (both are real numbers) in the US, and the quality is as good or (again unfortunately) better, then that allows me to sell the product at a cost that is appealing to the American consumer.

And, even if it were decided that we would only manufactuer in the US or our own foreign production facility and we decided to do it ourselves, the investment in facilities, tooling, labor, and equipment would far outweigh any benefit we would realize for decades (and this is providing we could control labor costs vs. other area industry).

Sorry if I may have hijacked the thread, but it may help some understand why they don't just build a factory and make their own stuff domestically or in wholly owned international plants.

No hard feelings, I hope and no hurt or slight intended.
I have to disagree with the quality is as good or better built oversees. and yes you wouldn't be able to make such a good living you might not be able to purchase that larger home or nicer car but if you did buisness at home you would be solving the problem in this country instead of becoming a nuisence. Just as the buisness that hire illegals are suporting a slave trade so are you. I am guilty of buying cheaper products but more and more I am looking for the Made In USA and am willing to pay more for that product. If you can't make it selling products built at home then you have no busness living off the backs of those who pay you!

· Registered
209 Posts
Here are the pertinent websites for the next step in the un-doing of America as planned by the powers that be - our Council on Foreign Relations:

http://www.cfr.org/content/publications ... _final.pdf

Council on Foreign Relations five-year plan for the "establishment by 2010 of a North American economic and security community" with a common "outer security perimeter." The 59-page CFR document (which can claim Bush Administration approval because it is posted on a U.S. State Department website) demands that we "implement the Social Security Totalization Agreement negotiated between the United States and Mexico."

SOURCE: http://www.eagleforum.org/column/2007/j ... 01-17.html

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

· Registered
5,366 Posts
hnterfrlife said:
We are loosing the greatest resource this country has, the ability to produce our own products.
Welcome to the modern world. Started for Britain when the US moved in on our export markets for manufactured goods during WW1 when we had to produce incredible quantities of arms, ammunition and supplies for ourselves, the French (who were virtually paralysed) and the American army, who arrived in France with no heavy weapons, no ammunition, almost no light weapons and no logistical means to supply themselves.

The Herstal/Browning/Miroku trinity has learned that the sensible way is to set things up so that each participant contributes what it's best at which is:

Browning - Marketing/Brand building, Herstal - Finance & management, Miroku - Manufacturing.

It works, and no-one's going to rock the boat.

· Registered
209 Posts
Trickster said:
hnterfrlife said:
We are loosing the greatest resource this country has, the ability to produce our own products.
Welcome to the modern world. Started for Britain when the US moved in on our export markets for manufactured goods during WW1 when we had to produce incredible quantities of arms, ammunition and supplies for ourselves, the French (who were virtually paralysed) and the American army, who arrived in France with no heavy weapons, no ammunition, almost no light weapons and no logistical means to supply themselves.

The Herstal/Browning/Miroku trinity has learned that the sensible way is to set things up so that each participant contributes what it's best at which is:

Browning - Marketing/Brand building, Herstal - Finance & management, Miroku - Manufacturing.

It works, and no-one's going to rock the boat.
Yup, every jeep bumper winch, trailer hitch, and truck bed has that Browning "Buckmark' on it! Means the 'best there is'. Regardless of where they are made. For long everything of 'good value' will have the Buckmark and be made at the same factory. And we will all eat the same.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.