Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went all in on Browning shotguns. I have a 12ga 725 Sporting, and three Citori Special Sporting in 20, 28, and .410. With this many Brownings it is just a matter of time before one needs repair.
What is the best repair center ?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have sent guns to Browning and to Art's Gun shop. I will use Art's again without hesitation but I will never ever send a gun to Browning again.

I sent a gun to Browning in MO for a barrel issue. I declined the work. Browning incorrectly assumed that my gun had an adjustable trigger retrofitted to it and even though I declined all work, they sent the gun back to me but with a non adjustable trigger put on it. They were wrong. The gun originally came with a the "triple trigger" on and they took it upon themselves to install a different trigger that was not original to the gun. to make things worse, they installed it incorrectly. The gun stopped firing the second barrel after the first shot. I had to pay $250 to purchase the same trigger that the gun orignially came with, have it installed, and fix the FTF issue on the second barrel.

Reactions: oyeme

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have sent a gun to Browning to have the stock refinished, great work, took a looooooong time.
I sent a gun to Arts, fast service, didn't fix everything he said he did.
He rebuilt the action and it has been fine, forearm was loose and he charged me to fix it, after 10 shots forearm was loose again.
I might try Midwest gunworks next.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I would select a service based on what the issue is. Some people are repairmen - some are specialized - but very few offer total gunsmithing services.

‘Good’ is a product of one’s experiences and is not cheap. ‘Cheap’ is also a product of experience and is rarely good.

‘Bad’ (when you paid full-price and/or waited 3-4 months and got ‘nothing’) is the worst.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts