Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "Browning Patent Depose" "Fabrique Nationale D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Belgique" on the receiver with"Browning Arms Ogden Utah" & "Choke 16 Special Steel" "Choke 16.9"marked on the barrel, Ser#293xx marked on barrel & reciever. Does anyone have any clue as to the year of manufacture...I believe it's chambered for 2 9/16 shells. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
What kind of gun is it. O/U or semi auto?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks AG...What do U use for a source??..One curious aspect of this gun (just tore it down) is that barrel, receiver, forend, and stock all have the same Ser#...I've never seen that before. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
293XX should be from 1926. However,1925 may be correct since these early guns have some non-consecutive serial numbers. The chambers should be 2 9/16". Check and see if there is a mark as "16-65" on the barrel. This indicates a 16 gauge gun with 65mm chambers. 2 3/4 inch chambers are 70mm. The gun may have after market legenthened chambers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks fellas....I'm off to shoot a Goose (hopefully), really appreciate ya'lls help !

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
I hope that you won't shoot steel or Hevishot through that old beauty. Try #2 or #BB Bismuth or Tungston Matrix and save that barrel. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts