Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently inherited a Browning auto that was my great grandfathers. It has no model number on the gun, simply a serial number and "St. Louis Mo." on the receiver with some engraving. The serial number is B10006. If anyone can date this gun for me it would be greatly appericated.

Thank you,
Duckin'

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
you have an "American"Browning A-5 the B in the serial gives it away as that and 12 ga. During the second World War , Remington contracted with Browning to make these shotguns since Belgium was occupied by the Germans. actual years were like 1940 - 1948, but ne serialization exists that i know of to nail the exact date down

It lacks a couple of features that the Belgian A-5's have , it's more identical to the remington model 11

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I finally got in touch with the historian at Browning. He gave me the details on this gun. He said it was shipped out in Oct. 1941 and your right about Remington manufacturing it also. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.