Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I, also, am unable to determine the date of mfg of this gun from the web site. But then, my batting average is only about 70%.

Several suggestions:

The serial number seems to be inconsistent with other numbers I'v seen on Sweet 16's, you may want to double check it.

This gun may have not been produced for USA shipment but purchased in Europe and brought here. If so, the Browning site serial numbers would not be applicable. Maybe this is the reason for #1???

I have been told that you can call Browning Customer Service at 1-800-333-3288 or 1-800-876-2711 and they will provide some help. While I have not done so, some posters here (?) have reported good results.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Throw the Browning site away, go down to the FAQ forum, click on the Bluebook's serialization link. (just have Adobe Acrobat reader for PDF files )

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
X90xxx=1953

X73792=1952

Guest, A NIB sweet Sixteen can be valued from about $1100 to about $9000 or more. This depends on the grade,country of origin(Belgium or Japan),configuration and provanance. A5s were also built here in the US from 1940 until 1949 by Remington.Even these "American Brownings" can be pricey in the high grades.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.