Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you all were going to buy a semi-automatic shotgun, in 20 gauge, and had your choice narrowed down to either the browning gold fusion, or the beretta 391 urika, which one would you choose and why? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Jason,

Purchase the one that feels best to you and fits the best as there is not a lot of difference in the life cycle or quality of the two. I've found that longer barrels are better, for me, on light guns than are short ones. On a 20 ga I'd prefer a 28 in barrel to a 26" or shorter.

FS

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Browning cause it fits ME better. That and I don't like all things Beretta ('cept Tikka).

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
I have the 391 Urika Sporting 20 ga. Ought to say something?

BP

·
Registered
512 Posts
They are both great guns but take a look at the Browning Dove Special. I have a BGH but would like to have one of the dove speicals, they are synthetic/camo stock with dura touch. Browning has been running a rebate program on some of their guns lately too.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Either choice is a good one. In 20 gauge the is a bigger difference between their size than when in 12 gauge. The AL391 is a pretty small and thin gun in 20. The Fusion in 20 is smaller than one in 12 but not to the degree as the Beretta.
The Fusion has a mannual magazine cutoff and the AL391 has an automatic one. Both guns come with shims to adjust the stock.The Fusion only comes in a W/B finish where the AL391 comes in many. The Fusion holds five rounds to the AL391's four. The safety on the Fusion is better in terms of location, size, and shape. The Fusion is way easier to clean over the AL391.

Because there is quite a bit of difference in the way these two fit and feel. I would think that just by holding them right after each other would make your decision easier. Pick the one you like the best.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
I would also have to say to pick the one that feels the best, and is a very personal thing. Any and all can be modified with weight added here and there, but off the shelf the Beretta seems too light to me, too light on the nose, the Browning more weight forward.

If a hunting gun, the heavier nose weight helps me control that first shot of a covey rise, otherwise it is a forced slowdown to get control and be smooth to the target.

I will also agree, the 1100 is more substantial and easier at least for me, to know that first shot will be on target.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts