Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of warranty comes with a new Browning? How about a used Browning? Is it just assumed that all Brownings come with a lifetime repair warranty? Would like some feedback on this.

I was looking at a used citori that had a very, very slight crack in the forearm. The guy behind the counter said that Browning would probably repair that for me if I send it in. I don't really know how they would repair a slight crack in the forearm other that epoxy it and squeeze it back together with a clamp. It was a very short crack. I don't think they would put a new forearm on. That would be expensive, plus the wood would not match the stock then. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Browning warranties have no time period but they are not lifetime either. They cover defects in materials and workmanship that come from the factory. I have a Citori White Ligthning and the blueing started flaking off the barrel after about 4 years. I took it to Browning Service in Missouri and they said no charge because this was a defect from the manufactuing process. Apparently, the gun was not properly cleaned before it was blued so the blueing process was not completed properly.

I asked about the terms of the warranty then and they basically told me if this same thing had happened ten years later, they still would have fixed it for free because it was their fault. However, if a firing pin breaks from use or the gun needs to be rebuilt, this would not be covered under the warranty.

However, I believe Browning warranties only cover the original owner of the gun. So, if you are buying a used gun, I don't think they would do any repairs free of charge.

·
Registered
343 Posts
bopper posted:
However, I believe Browning warranties only cover the original owner of the gun. So, if you are buying a used gun, I don't think they would do any repairs free of charge.
I discovered that Browning's implied warranty extends beyond the original owner. I bought a used Sporting Hunter model that was maybe 5-6 years old at the time. The barrels weren't regulated well so that the POIs were quite different. Browning replaced it without question after test firing it and establishing for themselves that it was out of spec.

I don't know if the same would apply to wood unless it's obvious that it was caused by a poor factory fit or something similar. Cracked wood could have been as easily caused by mishandling or improper storage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.