Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BUYER BE WARE!!!!!!

Wincherster's customer service out right sucks!!!! i bought a brand new winchester model 70 in 308 cal. it was a ulitimate shadow stainless steel gun. it had a defect and went back to winchester for repairs.after 14 weeks of having it they deemed the gun couldnt be fixed so they would replace it. THATS when all hell broke loose!! They sent me a plain blued barred model 70 instead. They WILL NOT REPLACE MY STAINLESS STEEL WITH AN OTHER STAINLESS! IF I WANTED A STAINLESS STEEL MODEL it would cost $300 more at first estimeate!! talked to a higher up today and he said he would cut me a deal at $200 more. i DO NOT WANT MORE than what i PAID FOR, JUST WHAT I PAID FOR. he then told me i was just out of luck take it or leave it. kicker is that in the last 3 years i have bought 2 winchester select feild over and unders and that model seventy. i grew up with winchesters my whole life and they dont work with a life long custmer at all!!!!! In MY opinion i wouldnt ever buy a wincherster if i were you!! were good guns my if anything wrong with it ya better just use it as a fence post!!!! ITs a company they just need to let die and NOT REVIVE!! let us have memories of winchester was king!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was last of the model 70s from their old plant. made in 05. i bought brand new in spring of 08 less than 40 rds down the pipe. the point of inpact was way off to the left and down. they miss tape the receiver is what i was told. cant be retaped one it is tapped. they dont make the 09 version in stainless they told me. so they sent me the cheapest looking blued model 70 they had. i have bb guns that look nice than that i spent a $100 for. instead of winchester breaking even on the deal and give me the next model with stainless for $50 more they would rather loose money and pay me the full retail i paid for the gun. i even offered to pay the $50 dollars more but they would rather not. this is the 17th week and counting. i have no gun, no refund. and was going to go non quota bear on tue. they have had the gun since the 1st of may. the gun WAS SENT TO THEM WITHIN A YEAR of buying it!. all i wanted was a model 70 in a 308cal. with stainless steel. thats what i paid for. they didnt even offer me the differnce back from the blue version they sent me. they just tried to ram it up the a-- of a loyal customer. after buying several winchesters in the past, that 308 was my last!

·
Registered
27,954 Posts
This isn't your normal "shotgun" comment, to be sure.

"Winchester" has not made a gun for decades. "Winchester" is a brand name and logo owned by Olin Corp.-- that's all it has been for a very long time. Olin dumped Winchester, a very long time ago. Over 30 years ago. It subsequently failed as USRAC at least a couple of times.

You didn't buy a "new" gun, really. What you bought was new old stock from a plant that no longer exists. You bought an obsolete gun from now non-existent plant. Of course they can't just replace it-- the gun is no longer made, the tooling no longer exists. You knew that when you bought it, didn't you? Or is all this a ne revelation?

The FN Model 70's just entered production in late 2008 at FN in Columbia, South Carolina. It is hardly reasonable to expect an obsolete model to be replaced with the same model that no longer exists.

You seem to be saying they sent you a blued gun, but you aren't happy. They offered you a full refund on a obsolete gun made 4 years ago, but you still aren't happy. This time, you probably just aren't going to be happy-- or, don't care to be.

·
Registered
27,954 Posts
Somethings I don't understand-- or are merely beyond my comprehension. Browning has no written warranty.

Right now you have, essentially, an obsolete piece of junk. Yet, for $200 you can get the latest FN $1099 MSRP version with a B & C stock, the new trigger, all the updates. And, you spam "don't let this happen to you" on a shotgun forum.

I agree-- please, please . . . let it happen to me. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts