Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys !
I am looking for some people who own and use a Browning XS Special for sporting clays. Got a deal on a lightly used one and decided to get it for Christmas! It has a 32" Barrel with an adjustable comb and Midas choke tubes any one using one of these and how do you like it?

Regards CTS :)

·
Administrator
23,333 Posts
I have exactly the same gun and I love it. It is my go-to gun for 12 Gauge. If I ever need a replacement, it will be the same but possibly with the high post rib.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought a used XS Special (w/ 32" tubes & low rib) about a year ago specifically for shooting Sporting Clays, and I love it. One of the things I like is that it is one of the few guns out there that you can still get with the semi-beavertail forend. The gun swings great, and is really well balanced for me. And the adjustable comb makes for an easy fit, as well as some versitility.

My gun had been re-finished by the previous owner with a light to medium honey colored gloss, and it is really beautiful. I think a lot of guns would look better if they weren't finished in such dark colors that only end up hiding the grain. The grain in the stock really pops with the lighter finish.

Good choice, your gonna' love your gun.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input CU Charlie,

I am picking it up Wednesday evening. Can't wait to try it out and see how it shoots, or actually How I shoot it!!!
Happy Holidays! CTS :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Guys,
I picked up the Browning XS Special tonight. I decided to get it early because the weatherman is calling for 3 inches of snow to fall most of the day tomorrow and we got 2 inches this morning.

Boy is this gun nice! it fits like a glove and I like how the adjustable comb works ,one set screw located in a hole through the recoil pad adjusts everything on the comb.

The other things I really like about it is the adjustable comb is parallel and can be used for trap also and it has Hi Vis interchangable flourescent sights, 5 Midas extended choke tubes and a 32" barrel. Cant wait to shoot it!

Regards CTS :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kraiza,

I will try and post some pictures later on in the Browning photo gallery of it. Will let you know how it works out once this snow quits!

Good Shooting! CTS :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts