Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all - my first post to Shotgun World. I am going to be in Wichita in mid-July for two weeks on business and am looking for places to do some clay shooting. I am very new to the sport, still working on basic technique and form with my new (blue!) Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting. I have been getting some good training at Elm Fork Shooting Sports here in Dallas and would like to continue to practice while in Wichita - probably be able to get in Friday, Saturday, and Sunday sessions.

Surfing through the forums I have seen references to "Ark Valley" and "Shady Creek Sporting". Suggestions / Recommendations on these or other facilities?

Thanks!

Steve

PS: I have about a month to get halfway decent at busting clays. The big family reunion (in Atwood KS) is the end of July - I am going up against farm boys that have been shooting since they were 8. Don't want to be put totally to shame!

· Registered
12,831 Posts
One of the finest shooting facilities in the nation is about an hour east of Wichita. It is Flint Oak and can be found at www.flintoak.com. It was there last weekend and it is nothing short of the best. It is only open on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the hot months. There is a hotel and restaurant there in case you want to stay over. You will kick yourself if you don't go there.

· Registered
1,268 Posts
Ark Valley is a trap and skeet club. You would be more than welcome to shoot there. They are open Thursday afternoon from 3:pm til 8:pm, Sat & Sun from 10:am to 5:pm. It is a very nice facility with the greatest membership you could find anywhere. They are located north of Wichita on the NW corner of 117th St N and Oliver St.

· Registered
6,963 Posts
First, don't miss Flint Oak if sporting clays is your game. Second, on your way to Flint Oak, you will pass close to Lynnbrooke which is about about 5 miles East of Augusta. Go South at the Smileyberg exit. After that, you'll have to rely on your TomTom. It's a sporting layout that's not fancy but they will throw you some good targets. In fact, I might suggest you go there first so that Flint Oak won't spoil it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.