Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
caesar guerini what is the bore on the summit sporting .740 or what? and is this a fair trade my 525 sporting for a caesar guerini summit both used but not much

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
The bores are tight... probably about 725/726. Shoot it first and figure out if it's a good trade. If it's a real early gun, it might be stocked too high. Again... shoot it first. Otherwise, the guns are of similar value.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My CG Summit Sporting has the following stats: Top barrel .725, bottom barrel .725. Both barrels have the same POI. Now for my 425 Browning: Top barrel inside bore .740 bottom barrel .742. Top barrel shoots high 70/30, bottom barrel shoots 50/50. Based on my experience I'd rather have the attention to engineering provided by CG with .725 bores than a sloppy job at .740 or "thereabouts."
Your humble servant,
JJ

·
Registered
510 Posts
.002 is not what I'd call "sloppy" by any stretch of the imagination. The barrel convergence is certainly a problem. I'm glad you have a good Guerini. I happen to have a Browning 425 with both barrels at .741 and they both shoot to the same point. Every factory is capable of putting out both good guns and bad ones. I certainly wouldn't say that any of the major gun factories are any more or less capable of good work than the others. But that's just me.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
59Bassman said:
Every factory is capable of putting out both good guns and bad ones.
I agree. I have a Beretta with a convergence problem just as bad or worse than Nightcrawler's Browning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.