Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, the last thing I need is another gun and with movin' and all the gun stash is in worse shape than the national budget, but. I've been looking at this Caeser Guerini Summit Impact trap gun lately and it's got my hormones kicked in. I currently shoot a Browning Citori and a Weatherby Olympian, both trap guns from the 80s that will shoot better that I ever will and last longer too. Don't need another gun but as we all know it ain't about need, well at least us gun addicts know. With the move back to Wis. going on and the wifes illness I thought I'd use the Guerini as sort of a carrot on a stick, give me something positive to look toward and keep my mind off less pleasant things a little.
Might help, might not.
So the question for my esteemed colleages is this, what do you think of the Caeser Guerini products? You're informed opinions are always welcomed. Thanks.

·
Administrator
23,822 Posts
There are about 10 Guerini guns at our club and all are very highly thought of. Ain't nobody selling theirs!

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
I think the Guerini gun are one of the best out there for any money. If you want a good handling gun with top shelf fit and finish. Buy one.
I have 3 of them 2 sporting and 1 trap combo. At my club there are 5 more shooter shooting them.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I don't shoot trap so I have no experience with the Guerini you mentioned. However, I'm thrilled with my Magnus Sporting. Haven't shot it much yet, maybe 10k -12k rounds, due to taking 6 months off from shooting but it's been flawless so far.

KK

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I know all the guys that have responded to you lover their CG's and probably with good reason. But I did not care much for my Summit Sporting that I purchased new last summer, and I sold it and moved on this spring. Most of the reports that I read on the guns are very positive, and they are most likely very good guns, but not for me.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
BOB_HARWELL said:
Picking up a CG is like hugging Jennifer Lopez.

BOB
Too big in in the...uhhh... recoil pad, and you feel dirty after handling it?

Seriously though... I haven't heard any mechanical complaints about CG's, but I know a lot of folks who have sold or traded them because they harted the handling and felt the guns felt cheap.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
They are a lot of value for the money IMHO.
I can really see that with their Sporting guns, what with the "pit stop" program and all. Guerini's guns have nice fit and gorgeous finish (mostly), and the Sporting guns are priced below their competition. Some of their guns have features not normally seen anywhere near their price range. Their major competition barely has a warranty for all intents and purposes, whereas CG's customer service has a very good reputation.

Their field guns, however, leave me puzzled when I look at prices. I'm really not seeing the $5000 in the EVO, for example.

If I want an overweight round-action 20 Gauge field gun that I can send in for service once a year, I can get a Ruger for a lot less. :p It's not fattened up like the EVO, points well, and the extra $3500 still in my pocket will buy me some nice hand engraving.

Not seeing where the "pit stop" program is worth anything for field guns as most of us use them. If I could afford to go to Argentina once a month, I'd buy a real Scottish round action with some the money I was swimming in. :mrgreen:

Perhaps someone can enlighten me regarding their field guns and their prices. Do they really sell for close to MSRP, or are the street prices more realistic? Nobody around here stocks them, so it's hard to tell. :?:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Nothing but good things to say of my Maxum, 3 years in and 15K or so through it. Fits me well and I shoot it well. But you are the one that will need to be sure it fits.

And J-Lo would fit me just fine...

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I've been using a 12 gauge Summit Sporting for Skeet and sporting clays for the past 6 months. I love the gun. I've added an adjustable comb and butt.

I know there are several others using some of the 28 gauge Guerini's. They all seem to like them. Nothing to complain about as far as mechanics or handling, No ejector problems, no trigger problems. Using reloads and everything is working like it should. Using Kolar tubes for the subgauges,,, still no problems. Had the trigger work done by Kolar when I got the tubes. No problem with 410.

I know there's a Summit Trap for sale at my club. Not sure why the gentleman is selling. Could just be that he's not shooting much anymore. Gorgeous gun. The adjustable rib on the trap model has slightly less room for adjustment that the Summit Impact.

Of course I tried one before I bought it and I liked the way it handled but the main reason I bought a Guerini was their reputation for service. Everything I'd heard about all of the relatively expensive and supposedly top of the line guns sounded like a nightmare if service was needed. I don't have the money or patience for a $10,000.00 gun that spends it's life in a FedX or USPS truck.

I'm shooting about 1600 rounds a month, not counting registered shoots and sporting clays.

I'm real happy with my decision.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I also love my Guerini's, Have a Summit Trap, Maxum Sporting and just recently an Impact. Fit and finish is excellent and the guns have a very solid feel to them. I had Guerini do some modifications this past winter and all work was done fast and expertly. Nice to have a manufacturer stand behind their product,both repairs and modifications. I am seeing more and more of their guns show up at the local trap clubs with most of the shooters very happy with their purchase.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
BarryD said:
...........If I want an overweight round-action 20 Gauge field gun that I can send in for service once a year, I can get a Ruger for a lot less...........
Uh-huh, and with most Rugers I've seen once a year would be a minimum. :(

Everyone seems to get hung up on the three pit stops, which are a great feature, but they overlook the other biggie, the lifetime warranty. The original owner still has that, even after the pit stops are gone. You still have a full lifetime (yours, not the guns) warranty.

I can't comment on the field models value, I'm strictly a sporting shooter. However, like Barry, I've wondered about the pricing as it's hard to imagine a really serious upland person spending that kind of $$ for a gun that will be drug around in the field for decades. In addition, while they may be beautiful, they're not built for any particular discipline (sporting, trap or skeet) as the target models are, so how do they justify the price?

KK

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.