Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope everyone is as excited as I am about the upcoming FITASC event being held September 25 - 27 at Commanche Hills!

This should prove to be a fantastic tournament! A Preliminary and Main event of nothing but FITASC targets set by Dave Fiedler, one of the best target setters (yes, I'm a little prejudice since he's my husband! :D ). 300 target Main event set over 12 parcours on the virgin rolling hills of Commanche's shooting facility -- I already feel like a little kid in a candy store with no limits, and the tournament hasn't started yet! If you had fun at Nevada State and/or you enjoy FITASC, you can't miss this!

10 days and counting it down!!

Vandy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
9 days to go!

So, who's shooting this tournament? Shami have you registered? Alexandra, are you and your dad shooting? Stacy, are you vending or shooting?

~Vandy

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
Dave does set some GREAT targets.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just vending my dear friend. And rooting on all my friends to high scores and tons of fun! What a great weekend to look foreward to! Yay!! can't wait to see you all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW! This was a great tournament!

I know I'm partial to Dave's targets, but he went above and beyond. Lots of variety in target presentations and variety in level of challenge of targets. Lots of variation on use of terrain from one parcour to another, with six layouts each day of the main event. These were fun targets -- the kind of targets that make you look forward to the next parcour -- the kind of targets that have you asking yourself "what does Dave have in store for us next?"

Comanche Hills hosted this tournament and did it right! They made one change to the event after flyers went out and that was to feed the shooters lunch free of charge (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) instead of having the Saturday night banquet -- a solid decision on management's part! And when the temperatures soared, Comanche broke open every neck cooling bandana they had, soaked them in cold water and put them on the parcours for shooters and staff alike at no charge -- another solid decision! This generosity kept a lot of us in the tournament instead of seeking the air conditioning! Thank you Larry!

Congratulations to Richard McCready who took HOA with a 240/300! Way to go!

For those of you who couldn't make this tournament, I think we might be able to talk Comanche into hosting it again next year if there's enough interest. So if you enjoy shooting FITASC or want to give it a try, be sure to let Comanche know and pre-register for the 2010 event early!

~Vandy

·
Registered
178 Posts
And huge congratulations to you Vandy on your A class and Lady win!! Awesome shooting!!

Camanche did a great job for this event. Really putting it out there for the shooters! Next year it will be something we all look forward to!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well......
Only 22 shooters,because what happened back at the State? to many places to go? Or the economy still down?
Who knows! Anyway, I know couples peoples who have gone and they are really happy how was turnout the event.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This was a GREAT Shoot!!!! The targets were some of the best I've shot all year (Dave out did himself). I hope we can get more shooters out for this event next year, the only thing better than shooting great targets is, shooting them with old friends and new, and speaking of new friends... I had a Great time shooting with the Nevada gang. I look forward to seeing you guys soon. Jim Wright

1 - 9 of 9 Posts