Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where to post this so If anyone could let me know where I could go with this I would appreciate it.
My question is, Does anyone know what, if any, assault rifles are legal in Ca?
If any?
I have heard of maybe one called a Garard? :?:

G

·
Okay, thanks. I'm just looking into things. I've heard maybe the SKS is legal in certian configurations but no one really seems to know. Thanks again!

·
Registered
541 Posts
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regs/sb23.htm

These are all the Bad Black Assult Rifles that to my understanding can only now be owned by FFL's and people who had registered them before I think it was Dec of 2000. now in theroy you can still get and assult rifle but you have to register it and every time you apply it is $20. I have not hear of anyone that has been accepted for a new assult rifle.

The SKS is still legal to own if it has a fixed mag with less than 10 round capacity. So a bone stock russian SKS with the 5 round fixed trap door mag. is legal. You can even have the bayonet attached to it as long as that is the only thing.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regs/genchar2.htm

This is the list you have to look at to see if what you want classifies as an assult weapon.

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regs/aw.htm

Here is a list of Rifles that are "assult weapons" there are more.

Armalite AR-180

Beretta AR-70

Bushmaster Assault Rifle

Calico M-900

Colt AR-15 (all)

Daewoo AR100, AR110C

Daewoo K-1, K-2

Daewoo Max 1, Max 2

Fabrique Nationale 308 Match, Sporter

Fabrique Nationale FAL, LAR, FNC

HK 91, 94, PSG-1

HK 93

IMI Galil

IMI Uzi

J&R ENG M-68

MAADI CO AK 47

MAADI CO ARM

Made in China 56

Made in China 56S

Made in China 84S

Made in China 86S

Made in China AK

Made in China AK47

Made in China AKM

Made in China AKS

Made in Spain CETME Sporter

MAS 223

Norinco 56

Norinco 56 S

Norinco 84 S

Norinco 86 S

Norinco SKS w/ detachable magazine

Poly technologies AK47

Poly technologies AKS

RPB Industries, Inc. sM10, sM11

SIG AMT, PE-57

SIG SG 550, SG 551

Sterling MK-6

Steyr AUG

SWD Incorporated M11

Valmet M62S, M71S, M78S

Weaver Arms Nighthawk
American Arms AK-C 47

American Arms AK-F 39

American Arms AK-F 47

American Arms AK-Y 39

American Spirit USA Model

Armalite AR 10 (all)

Armalite Golden Eagle

Armalite M15 (all)

Arsenal SLG (all)

Arsenal SLR (all)

B-West AK-47 (all)

Bushmaster XM15 (all)

Colt Law Enforcement (6920)

Colt Match Target (all)

Colt Sporter (all)

Dalphon B.F.D.

DPMS Panther (all)

Eagle Arms EA-15 A2 H-BAR

Eagle Arms EA-15 E1

Eagle Arms M15 (all)

Frankford Arsenal AR-15 (all)

Hesse Arms HAR 15A2 (all)

Hesse Arms Model 47 (all)

Hesse Arms Wieger STG 940 Rifle

Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC AK-47 (all)

Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC M-97

Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC RPK

Kalashnikov USA Hunter Rifle / Saiga

Knights RAS (all)

Knights SR-15 (all)

Knights SR-25 (all)

Les Baer Ultimate AR (all)

MAADI CO MISR (all)

MAADI CO MISTR (all)

Mitchell Arms, Inc. AK-47 (all)

Mitchell Arms, Inc. AK-47 Cal .308 (all)

Mitchell Arms, Inc. M-76

Mitchell Arms, Inc. M-90

Mitchell Arms, Inc. RPK

Norinco 81 S (all)

Norinco 86 (all)

Norinco AK-47 (all)

Norinco Hunter Rifle

Norinco MAK 90

Norinco NHM 90, 90-2, 91 Sport

Norinco RPK Rifle

Ohio Ordnance Works (o.o.w.) AK-74

Ohio Ordnance Works (o.o.w.) ROMAK 991

Olympic Arms AR-15

Olympic Arms Car-97

Olympic Arms PCR (all)

Ordnance, Inc. AR-15

Palmetto SGA (all)

Professional Ordnance, Inc. Carbon 15 Rifle

PWA All Models

Rock River Arms, Inc. Car A2

Rock River Arms, Inc. Car A4 Flattop

Rock River Arms, Inc. LE Tactical Carbine

Rock River Arms, Inc. NM A2 - DCM Legal

Rock River Arms, Inc. Standard A-2

Rock River Arms, Inc. Standard A-4 Flattop

Valmet 76 S

Valmet Hunter Rifle

Wilson Combat AR-15

WUM WUM (all)

·
Registered
4 Posts
You know I am product testing right now a upper system for the AR-15 that will California legal.

Ready to call me a liar.

1/10 MOA Certified by the Army.

The final article will be on my site. once testing is complete by us.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Here is the bottom line in the PRK (Peoples Republic of Kalifornia)...you can not buy a rifle which is either called out by name or fits the criteria of these EBR (evil black rifles). PERIOD!

You also cannot inherit one, you cannot give one in your will, I do not even believe you can move here and bring one in that you already own (read a LOT on this but it is not totally verified).

There are a FEW ways around it and our US entrepreneurs are doing there best. One of the most recent ways I have seen is to take an AR type rifle and do away with the removeable magazine. Then you can name it something else and IT IS LEGAL! Maybe gunmuse has another creative idea !?!

The PRK laws are state laws and are not going to be weakened or negated if our US government does not renew the assault weapon ban.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you so much everyone. I'll continue to look into this. And John305 thanks to you - you really went to a lot of work for me. thanks again!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Uh oh, no more grenade launchers-- this is going to cut into my catch when fishing . . . :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
stodgman said:
There are a FEW ways around it and our US entrepreneurs are doing there best. One of the most recent ways I have seen is to take an AR type rifle and do away with the removeable magazine. Then you can name it something else and IT IS LEGAL! Maybe gunmuse has another creative idea !?!
Tape a spatula to an sks and call it a kitchen utensil. They will never know.

G

·
ShoeLess Ventures manufacturers a California Legal Bare Lower receiver that will fit most uppers. Their website is http:/www.fabten.com.

Best of luck with your fishing and gernade launching : )

pattymcn[/url]

G

·
Can I get the link to your product review of the FAB-10?

gunmuse said:
You know I am product testing right now a upper system for the AR-15 that will California legal.

Ready to call me a liar.

1/10 MOA Certified by the Army.

The final article will be on my site. once testing is complete by us.

·
Registered
366 Posts
stodgman said:
You also cannot inherit one, you cannot give one in your will, I do not even believe you can move here and bring one in that you already own (read a LOT on this but it is not totally verified).
I believe it, because I am trying to move to CA and already I have to figure out what to do with my AR-15 since I cannot bring it with. Perhaps leave it with my relatives in TX? Storage locker in AZ?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
kensteele said:
stodgman said:
I believe it, because I am trying to move to CA and already I have to figure out what to do with my AR-15 since I cannot bring it with. Perhaps leave it with my relatives in TX? Storage locker in AZ?
Send it to me. I'll take care of it. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
here is the deal with ca assault rifles most cant have a couple good tactical rifles you can, one is the M1A, or M1A scout, and soon the socom the only dif is really the length and the way you mount optics go to battlerifles.com and then there is the kel-tec su 16 this guy takes ar mags, so if you have them its good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
kensteele said:
stodgman said:
Don't tell anyone you have it, don't show it off. If you go to a range with it, dont let them know u've recently moved to CA. I don't know of any ranges that have ever done a check on the status of a gun. All they do is make sure its safe and within the range rules. You never know, you might be leaving CA soon if you hate our great politicians...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey man, I also feel the pain of CA. I am also looking for a good CA legal SHTF rifle. If I were you I would look into the Springfield M1A Socom or the Kel-tec SU-16.

I personally am going with the Kel-teck SU-16, it is a very nice rifle.

You can check it out at Kel-tec.com

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.