Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, say, do any of you 28ga Dickinson owners know what the bore diameter is on your Dickinson? And with that, are the choke tubes close to what they are marked?

I know you have to pattern the gun, but I just looking for some ballpark figures.

Thanks!

Greg

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
RM has forgotten that we put his bore gauge to my 28 last January - the bore and a couple of chokes, likely IC and Mod. I don't recall the numbers and I unfortunately didn't write them down, but if I recall correctly they chokes might have been just a tad on the tight side.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Kannoncocker said:
That's why you tear those poor little birds up so badly.
..... or make 40 yard shots on those little rockets. Who was it that shot the bird we hung on the tree? :lol:

Seriously, I think we've determined that all of the Dickinson chokes may be just a smidgen tighter than what we've come to expect as "normal".

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
jer901 said:
Kannoncocker said:
That's why you tear those poor little birds up so badly.
..... or make 40 yard shots on those little rockets. Who was it that shot the bird we hung on the tree? :lol:

Seriously, I think we've determined that all of the Dickinson chokes may be just a smidgen tighter than what we've come to expect as "normal".
I just happen to have that picture :D :D :D

cdb

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
If I remember that shot correctly, that little bobwhite rooster was in the attack mode, heading right for Kannoncocker's jugular when he threw the 28 ga Ringneck to his shoulder and vaporized the middle part of that bird. Most amazing thing I've ever seen, all the edible parts completely gone, just the head, two wing and two feet left intact. It was a close call with that dangerous killer bobwhite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.