Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody found a reasonably priced camcorder capable of showing where the lead is flying when you shoot at traps? I know I'm missing a lot, but sometimes I just don't know where it went. It would be interesting to see if I'm missing in a consistent manner.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I'm not 1000% for sure on this, but I'm going to say that unless you want to spend 10s and 10s of 1000s of $$$ to buy some very advanced high speed camera gear, there ain't no such thing as that for which you are looking.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
MRPOWER is right. At 30 frames per second, you might occasionally catch a single frame in which you can see the shot string, but for the most part, you are out of luck.

Focus on the bird... it's better medicine than any camcorder.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Having a good instructor looking over your shoulder will do more than just tell you where you are missing, he will help you solve the problem which is even better. Video feedback won't show you the shot string, but it may show that 1) you are lifting your head, 2) your cheek is coming off the stock or that 3) you are checking your swing. Have the instructor shoot you with the video while you shoot the gun and you can have it both ways. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
280 Posts
SidelockSxS said:
Having a good instructor looking over your shoulder will do more than just tell you where you are missing, he will help you solve the problem which is even better. Video feedback won't show you the shot string, but it may show that 1) you are lifting your head, 2) your cheek is coming off the stock or that 3) you are checking your swing. Have the instructor shoot you with the video while you shoot the gun and you can have it both ways. Hope this helps.
I think that "SidelockSxS" pretty much nailed this one :wink:
Best regards.
Mannsi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.