Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd really like both, but haven't been able to find any evidence that any models of top folding stocks will be able to fold down completely against the receiver with the rear sight in the way. The stock would need a gap, essentially skeletonized, where the rear sight would fit in, but I didn't know if such a stock exists.

Thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had a Remington 870 Police folding stock that had the cut out for the rear sight. The Remington version had the sight on the barrel. The stock was painful to use. When I recently found a good deal on another old 870 Police with the folding stock I snapped it up. I did not however fire the gun till I took that stinky stock off and put some old wood from a pawn shop special on it.

If I recall correctly the Remington stock was pretty much open along the top and should handle a receiver mounted sight in most cases.

I believe Choate has a similar model with cutouts if you can find one to check.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
would a side folder work rather than a top folder? It removes the problem of clearing sights, and while I've seen some reasonably solid and easy to use side folders, most top folders I've seen are pretty flimsy.

Also, how about a knoxx copstock? that has a wire stock on it, so it's about as open as a stock can get. It's also the only top folder I've ever heard get good reviews.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.