Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrite.. back when i 1st started deer huntin.. about 5 or 6 years ago.. i bought a few boxes of rotweil slugs.. and they seemed to work great.. then i started buyin the el-cheapo slugs. winchester super x which get the job done... using a smoothbore barrel..

well a guy i work with.. still uses rotweil slugs, and the other day we were out sightin our guns in.. and i shot some of them again..and.. i am impressed.. they seem to shoot very accurate out to 100 yrds.. compared the to trubal, rem. HV slugers....

but i cant find rotweil slugs anywere any more? can you still get them?'

he has a few boxes left he sweares by them in his benelli which i used last year and i had no problem taking deer at 150 yrds..

they are brenneke rotweil m.p.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
As I understand it Brenneke in Europe is "KAPUT".
Brenneke USA is still strong. However, bad press on the "over the pond" products put a cloud over Brenneke USA.
Not to worry. if it says Brenneke USA ...NO PROBLEM. The projectiles may be made in Germany but the assembly is right here in the USA. I believe that KENT received a license to produce the German Components under the Brenneke name.
Went thru 250 boxes of Brenneke KO's at our club without a hiccup !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I learned something recently about Brenneke. The product is made in Germany and here is there website. http://www.brenneke.de/

Brenneke USA is a distribution and marketing arm for Brenneke Germany. There is a small sales force and warehouse operation in the U.S. only. (It's all outsourced and they are not Brenneke employees)

I discovered this information when I called the National Sales Director for Brenneke USA. I had a small issue with a box of ammo and called the number on www.brennekeusa.com website and got the warehouse. The lady there referred me to the Sales Director who doesn't even answer the phone as Brenneke (so that tells you it's a small setup here).

He told me all Brenneke rounds are made in Germany and shipped here packaged in Brenneke USA boxes. Rottweil was the assembler (slug and wad always manufactured by Brenneke Germany) of Brenneke Slug rounds for Brenneke Germany up until about four/five years ago. Rottweil is now only selling shot shells http://www.rottweil-munition.de/en/index.php?navid=1.

It's really a marketing game. Brenneke prints their hulls now for the European market as Rottweil, and Brenneke USA for here. Rottweil is a big name there... and Brenneke wants to establish it's own name here. So Brenneke is making both rounds for Europe and here with the different names printed on it. The brass is a give away to the marketing names they use for the different markets.

Old shell: Rottweil/RWS/Geco on headstamp, Rottweil/Brenneke on hull

New shell: Rottweil/RWS/Geco on headstamp, Brenneke USA on hull

The new shell info is from some I purchased in 2005 at Dick's. I wonder if you bought a box now if it would be stamped Brenneke USA (I'll have to check on that)

Anyway, they do produce exceptionally good Foster style slugs. I've made some magnificant kills way past what a typical Forster style slug will do when it comes to distance and bullet drop.

I'm going to be trying their Sabot ammo out soon, I'm getting a bunch shipped to me. They have excellent customer service!!!

BTW, this is my first post and I'm not an expert in slug rounds, or anything like that. I just happen to have a small concern with there ammo and learned all of the above, and felt I should share.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts